Hi, I’m Jakob.
I’m a Ph.D. student in theoretical particle physics.
One of my favorite mantras is: “any scientist who can’t explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan.”. I’m convinced that anyone can understand anything, provided a fitting explanation exists.
This idea is the common theme in all my projects.
🚀 My Projects
- 💭An expository physics wiki with layers that contain explanations with increasing levels of sophistication.
- 🌏 200+ contributing users
- 🤓 244 points at Hacker News (#5 Front Page)
- 💭A textbook that derives modern physics using symmetry considerations. The textbook I wished had existed when I started my journey in physics.
- ♘Published by Springer
- 🌟20+ five-star reviews at Amazon. #1 Bestseller in the categories Group Theory, Mathematical Physics, and Nuclear Physics.
- ⬇Downloaded 10000+ times
- 📰Reviewed by the MAA, zbmath and the German Physik Journal and Physik in unserer Zeit
- 🤔 45 comments at the PhysicsForums
- 📚 Recommended literature at the university of Hamburg
- 🇩🇪 German translation “Durch Symmetry die Moderne Physik verstehen” published by Springer Spektrum
- 🇨🇳 Inofficial Chinese translation available at Github
If you want to get an update whenever I publish something new, simply put your email address in the box below.