Hi, I’m Jakob.
I love making sense of something difficult, breaking it down into understandable pieces, and then teaching it to others.
The main idea behind my projects is perfectly summarized by the following quote by Edwin Jaynes
The goal should be, not to implant in the students’ mind every fact that the teacher knows now; but rather to implant a way of thinking that enables the student, in the future, to learn in one year what the teacher learned in two years. Only in that way can we continue to advance from one generation to the next.
🚀 My Projects
- 💭A textbook that explains the structure of general relativity and gauge theories like electrodynamics by using a simple financial toy model.
- 🌟 8+ five-star reviews at Amazon. #1 Bestseller in Nuclear Physics.
- 💭 Student-friendly textbooks that explain all fundamental ideas step-by-step and with lots of illustrations.
- 🌟 No-Nonsense Classical Mechanics, 14+ five-star reviews at Amazon. #1 Bestseller in Classical Mechanics.
- 🌟 No-Nonsense Electrodynamics, 4+ five-star reviews at Amazon. #3 Bestseller in Physics of Electricity.
- 🌟 No-Nonsense Quantum Mechanics, 8+ five-star reviews at Amazon. #1 Bestseller in Quantum Mechanics.
- 💭An expository physics wiki with layers that contain explanations with increasing levels of sophistication.
- 🌏 200+ contributing users
- 🤓 244 points at Hacker News (#5 Front Page)
- 💭A textbook that derives modern physics using symmetry considerations. The textbook I wished had existed when I started my journey in physics.
- ♘Published by Springer
- 🌟20+ five-star reviews at Amazon. #1 Bestseller in the categories Group Theory, Mathematical Physics, and Nuclear Physics.
- ⬇Downloaded 10000+ times
- 📰Reviewed by the MAA, zbmath and the German Physik Journal and Physik in unserer Zeit
- 🤔 45 comments at the PhysicsForums
- 📚 Recommended literature at the university of Hamburg
- 🇩🇪 German translation “Durch Symmetry die Moderne Physik verstehen” published by Springer Spektrum
- 🇨🇳 Inofficial Chinese translation available at Github
If you want to get an update whenever I publish something new, simply put your email address in the box below.